Tia Blanco, professional surfer and vegan advocate, is a proud member of Team VeganSmart. She has even gone so far as to share some of her favorite moments from her career thus far and where her career will take her next!
- Tia began surfing at the age of 3 and instantly fell in love. As she grew up she admired girls like Carissa Moore, 2015 World Surf League (WSL) Women’s World Tour Champion, and found herself in awe that people were able to overlap their careers with their passion. Tia decided to follow the lead of her surfing role models and start a career fueled by passion.
- The professional surfer began he vegan journey almost 4 years ago and has loved every minute of it. “I transitioned to a vegan lifestyle because I loved animals and felt better eating a plant-based diet. ” Tia Blanco shares on her thought process that prompted her plant based lifestyle. Her lifestyle change has also kept her lean and tone which is a contributor to her success in the ocean.
- The current title holder of the ISA World Surfing Championship will begin the 2017 season with a three week surf based trip to Australia. The vegan athlete also plans to compete in all QS series competitions for WSL.
- Tia’s favorite competition to date was her 2015 world title win at the ISA World Surfing Championship. “It was my first world title!” The professional exclaims when asked about her favorite competition. She is now a two-time world title holder, winning back-to-back titles at ISA.
- Tia loves flavorful foods, which is why she loves Indian food. In fact, she’s such a big fan of flavor that she has paired up with the VeganSmart team to create an exclusive new flavor that will be released later next month.
There you have it 5 facts about Tia Blanco you may not have known before. Also, make sure to keep an eye out for her exclusive new VeganSmart flavor!
Read More: 5 Protein Packed Plant-Based Foods