Winter beverages just got healthier! We all enjoy a good hot drink every now and then, but they always taste better when made at home. Now you can have your apple cider and be healthy too, with our VeganSmart Hot Apple Cider recipe!
Suggested: The Health Benefits of Seaweed
6 Cups of apple cider
1/4 Cup real maple syrup
2 Cinnamon Sticks
1 Scoop of VeganSmart Chai
6 Whole cloves
6 Whole allspice berries
1 Orange peel cut in strips
1 Lemon peel cut in strips
- In a large saucepan, pour the 6 cups of apple cider, 1/4 cup of maple syrup, and 1 scoop of VeganSmart Chai. Mix together thoroughly.
- In a thin cloth, place the cinnamon sticks, cloves, allspice berries, orange peel strips, and lemon peel strips in the center of the cloth. Fold the cloth into the center, enclosing the bundle of spices, and tie together with a string.
- Drop the spice bundle into the cider mixture.
- Place the saucepan over a moderate heat, do this for 5 – 10 minutes or until the cider is hot. Do not let it boil.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and the spice bundle from the mixture. Ladle the cider into mugs and enjoy.
Remember this recipe next time you are looking for a holiday pick me up.