Being healthy means eating healthy and sometimes it’s not very easy to do during the holidays. And with the hype surrounded by Thanksgiving meals, who can resist temptation? That’s why the VeganSmart team is sharing this 7- day cleanse to restart your system after the Thanksgiving fun has subsided.
Days 1 – 3:
- Start omitting all the animal flesh from your diet.
- VeganSmart smoothies 1 to 2 times a day, as a supplement to help keep your energy up.
- Drink coconut water as often as you like.
- Drink fresh green vegetable juices on an empty stomach as often as you like. (Aim for at least two or three times a day, but make sure it’s on an empty stomach.)
- Drinking green juice first thing in the morning ensures your stomach is empty and is recommended.
- To curb the appetite, sip on Lemon Blast all day. (Recipe below)
- Optional versions of the VeganSmart smoothies are offered below as well.
- Eliminate all alcohol, dairy products, breads and pastries, red meats and chicken from your diet.
- Only vegetables, non-refined carbohydrates, nuts, seeds and flax seeds or olive oil during the first three days.
- Follow the previous eliminations and suggestions.
- Think no whites (no sugar, or flour products). Only consume carbohydrates in grains like Quinoa or Millet.
- No candies or chocolates.
- The rest of the diet should consist of only fruits and vegetables (steamed or raw), and raw nuts and seeds.
- Only eat fruit on an empty stomach and give it at least 20 minutes to digest before eating any other food.
- Don’t mix green juices with any food and especially not fruits.
- Fruits and green juices should only be consumed on an empty stomach.
VeganSmart Smoothie Options:
- Vanilla VeganSmart
- Fresh or non-pasteurized coconut water
- Fresh Mint
- ½ Avocado
- 1-2 tablespoon Flax Seed
- 1-2 tablespoon Chia Seed
- Vanilla VeganSmart
- Fresh or non-pasteurized Coconut Water
- ½ Avocado
- 1-2 tablespoons organic Flax Seed
- 1-2 tablespoons Chia Seed
- ½ Banana
- Organic Strawberries
- 1-2 tablespoons Goji Berries
Lemon Blast Recipe
- Fresh organic squeezed Lemon Juice
- Tumeric Root Juice (optional)
- Cayenne Pepper or freshly juiced organic Ginger Root
Green Veggie Juice Recipe Options
- 2 bunches organic Spinach and 1-2 organic Green Apples.
- 1 bunch organic Dandelion Root, 1 bunch organic Red Chard, juice of 1 organic Lemon, 1 organic Fennel Bulb, 1-2 stalks organic Celery, 1 bunch organic Cilantro, 1 organic Green Apple (optional.)
- 1 bunch organic Black Kale, 1 bunch organic Spinach, ½ – 1 bunch organic Swiss Chard (use sparingly – strong flavor), 1-2 organic Green Apples, 1 organic Fennel Bulb, 1 bunch organic Cilantro.
Salad Suggestions (all certified organic):
- Arugula, Avocado, Quinoa, Cherry Tomatoes, Chia Seeds, Flax Seeds.
- Black Kale, Tomatoes, Avocado, Raw Pumpkin Seeds.
- Mixed Greens, raw Almonds, Hummus, Carrots, Tomatoes, and Chia Seeds.
- No PEANUTS (contain a toxic mold).
- Almonds, Cashews, Brazil Nuts, Walnuts, Pine Nuts.
- Chia Seeds, Flax Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Pumpkin Seeds.
Caution: As with any dietary supplement, consult your healthcare practitioner before using this product, especially if you are pregnant, nursing, anticipate surgery, take medication on a regular basis or are otherwise under medical supervision.