Protein a staple in all diets, is easier to incorporate into a plant-based diet than some might think. Plant-based foods, otherwise known as fruits and vegetables are full of protein. Not only are they full of protein, but also easy to add into your daily meal routine. Here is a list of 5 protein packed plant-based foods that are easy to snack on throughout the day.
Suggested: The Effects of Eating Asparagus
- Avocados. One avocado has about 7 grams of protein and provides all 8 essential amino acids to form a complete protein! Try adding some avocado to your morning smoothie for an extra protein boost, or spreading some on toast for a mid-afternoon pick me up.
- Almonds. There are so many different variations of almonds, you don’t have to simply snack on them if nuts aren’t your thing. A quarter cup of almonds is about 8 grams of protein. Try snacking on almonds while at work, or adding almond milk to a breakfast smoothie, better yet try an almond butter and apple slices snack. The options are endless and delicious!
- Chia Seeds. Two tablespoons of chia seeds is about 4 grams of protein. They can easily be added into VeganSmart smoothies for an extra boost. Another option if your not in a smoothie mood is to garnish your oatmeal or yogurt with some for a protein kick.
- Hemp Seeds. With an almost complete amino acid profile, hemp seeds contain the 9 essential amino acids adults cannot produce. Additionally, hemp seed oil can be used as salad dressing or use hemp milk to enhance your granola.
- Pistachios. As an excellent source of protein, pistachios offer about 13 percent of your daily protein intake. Try making a homemade pistachio based granola for a protein packed treat, add almond milk to your granola for an extra protein boost.
Snacking is a great way to transition into a plant-based diet. Enjoy the taste of plant-based foods, while receiving all the heath benefits.
Read More: Liz Arch’s Pumpkin Pie Smoothie